Our Environmental Policy
Repose is a leading specialist seating organisation, designing and manufacturing wooden and metal based furniture for the home, health and care markets and we recognise that the pursuit of economic growth and a healthy environment must be closely linked. We are committed to protecting the environment with a sensitive and responsive attitude.
Repose are fully aware of the effects that our manufacturing processes may have on the environment and we work tirelessly with our suppliers to ensure that we have an integrated environmental approach one that complies with legislation and environmental policy.
This responsibility is achieved through actions that include:
- Commitment to continued improvement and prevention of pollution and waste, by deploying a rigorous control, evaluation and refinement system in line with our manufacturing operational strategy, with environmental reviews of our processes carried out regularly.
- Ensuring that our staff are well trained and adhere to our environmental policies, thus enabling us to achieve maximum efficiency and impact through our actions.
- Ensuring that all our components are sourced from reputable companies that adhere to the latest environmental legislation and regulations. We do this through regular review of their environmental codes of practice.
- Ensuring that wherever possible all waste is recycled or reused and where this is not practicable any residual is disposed of in an appropriate manner.
- Ensuring that wherever possible we use high quality recycled materials in our manufacturing, office and packaging processes, minimising the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Ensuring the use of energy efficient manufacturing equipment, tools and processes.
- Ensuring the efficient use of water.
- Ensuring company vehicles are selected and maintained correctly so as to minimise pollutant emissions.
- Reducing fuel consumption through efficient transport management.