Our Ethical Trading Policy
Repose Furniture Limited (Repose) Ethical Trading Statement
At Repose we are strongly committed to ethical principles and good stewardship. We are therefore, proud to guarantee that we trade according to the following Ethical Trading Criteria:
- All employment is freely chosen.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labour is not used.
- Wages are fair and comparable to industry standard and will always exceed the minimum wage.
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practised.
- Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a permanent contract.
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed.
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted.
- Third party suppliers and buyers are both free to sell and buy from any number of other businesses. No restrictions, as a way of guaranteeing business, are allowed.
Repose recognises that our commercial activities have potential to impact on our suppliers and our locality. As a socially responsible business our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect that:
- Products manufactured and sourced by Repose Furniture are produced under working conditions that are both hygienic and safe.
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by Repose are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
This Policy sets out the Repose commitment to its suppliers and customers; setting out the measures we are taking to ensure that we are acting in an ethical manner.
Repose Commitment to its suppliers, service providers and customers:
Repose recognise that ethical and social performance is a key part of our commercial success. We are committed to ensuring that:
For our employees, our employment practices and the enforcement of corporate regulations ensure the protection of their rights. We aim to operate above the minimum standards required by law to ensure our employees are safe, rewarded and valued.
For our customers, we demonstrate our ethical and social responsibility credentials to enable customers to make informed choices about the services they purchase.
For our supply chain, we monitor, where possible, the social standards and ethical practices of our suppliers whilst encouraging our suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves.